How is your Career Affected by your Drug Addiction Habits?
An individual is known in society by the work he does. People praise him for his contributions to the community and the nation. But, drug addiction hinders the professional growth of an individual.
A keen observation from drug addiction treatment centers near me has shown that a high percentage of drug addicts come from professional backgrounds. Addiction to illegal and legal substances harms people’s professional growth by affecting their overall productivity.
Over the years, raising awareness among industry has led to mass testing of drug abuse among any sector employees. It can get them fired from jobs and positions. As claimed by Sublocade treatment centers, apart from personal loss, the nation suffers a tremendous economic loss. Let us see the most affected careers by drug addiction.
Careers that are most impacted by drug addiction:
Addiction or bad habits don’t have a limit on their impacts. People under the influence of drugs negatively impact almost every profession. But some are at a higher risk than others. Suboxone treatment centers have claimed that higher dependence on drugs or other substances reduces productivity and increases mistakes.
Some career fields require focus and activeness of body and mind together. Thus, when a person is under the influence, he/she has a reduced focus, which impacts his productivity. Professions most affected by drug addiction are:
- Sports and athletics: an athlete needs a much more active body and focused mind to excel in the field. Many players tend to take drugs to enhance their performance. This step can make them a potential addict, further hindering the growth in the future.
- Heavy machine operators: drugs hurt the senses of a person. Heavy machinery operators who are under the influence can cause damage and loss of property.
- Doctors: Doctors have the most delicate profession. They have to be very precise and perfect when doing surgery or operation. Thus, they must not be taking drugs at any point in their life.
- Lawyers, nurses, defense personnel, police, etc.
The suboxone treatment centers near me have received many patients who had been fired from jobs due to drugs during work. Drug addiction is thus a serious problem for professionals.
How does drug addiction affect employees and employers?
Drug and alcohol addiction cost American businesses about $50bn in lost profits. It is due to the objectionable actions of professionals who take drugs and work under their effect. Drug addiction centers show that people lose their jobs, and companies lose a very valuable resource. Thus, the drug addiction problem should be countered to reduce its economic impacts.
- Safety: industries related to heavy machinery and delicate and fragile objects incur a great loss due to lack of focus by people under the influence.
- Presenteeism: this phenomenon is defined as a situation where employees come to work but are not fully functioning due to hangover, medications, withdrawal symptoms, etc.
- Lost profit and productivity: drug addiction decreases productivity and results in loss of profit. It affects the employer and the employee.
- Less growth in career: due to a lack of productivity, an employee may see a stagnated career growth or sometimes demotions. It can also result in the forfeiture or loss of a job.
These are very common ill-effects of drug-addiction on a person and his company. Thus, you must prevent drug use. Sublocade treatment can help you get rid of addiction habits without hampering growth. Thus, one should acknowledge the problem of addiction and resolve it. When you are open about your addiction and you get that treated using a renowned drug de-addiction service, you can reclaim the joys of your life and save your career.